Pennsylvania Family Law Attorney
Devoted to Your Needs
Compassionate attorney helping Pennsylvania families for more than 31 years
Since 1986, Susan E. Murray, with offices in Media, Pennsylvania, has served families in Delaware and Chester Counties in matters of divorce, equitable distribution, and child custody and support. I have a long track record of success mediating and litigating resolutions to family disputes in a fair and equitable manner. Informed by more than 31 years of experience in the financial, legal and personal dynamics of divorce, I can guide you through the often emotional and painful experience of divorce towards a realistic outcome that sustains your material and psychological resources. Especially when children are involved, I work to resolve your dispute fairly and amicably without resorting to court. In cases where there is no alternative to litigation, I fight vigorously to protect your interests.
Attention to the financial and emotional needs of every client
As a former therapist, I understand the emotional burdens as well as the financial costs of family law issues. My approach to your case involves:
- Individual attention — I recognize that each client has unique financial and emotional needs and limits, and I work diligently to protect your interests in relation to your personal situation. If I believe counseling would be helpful, I recommend this to you. I keep you focused on your goals and help you achieve them as you work through the often arduous process of divorce.
- Mediation — In the interest of reducing the time, stress and cost of divorce, it is often beneficial to pursue a settlement without litigation. Mediation encourages cooperation in a structured setting through a trained facilitator. I skillfully negotiate to help you obtain an equitable settlement and healthy and fair child custody and support arrangement.
- Devotion — If it is necessary to pursue litigation in order to reach a just settlement, I am devoted to using my experience to develop compelling trial strategies and fight through the adversarial litigation process to achieve a successful resolution to your case.
Experienced attorney serving clients in various aspects of family law
I can help you protect your interests and achieve a fair and equitable settlement in the various areas of family law:
- Divorce — As a former therapist with knowledge derived from more than 31 years of experience in divorce work, I approach your case with understanding and compassion and work to resolve your disputes effectively.
- Equitable distribution — Pennsylvania is an equitable distribution state, so property spouses obtain in their name alone can be divided fairly in divorce. I have the knowledge of and familiarity with Pennsylvania property laws to ensure you receive a fair settlement.
- Child Custody & Support — I am committed to protecting your rights to raise your child in a healthy and safe environment, and I work towards a cordial mediation and arrangement whenever this is possible. In the event it is not, I have the experience to secure your rights in litigation.
Other specialties in family law include:
- Grandparents Rights
- Spousal Support
- Domestic Violence
Contact a dedicated Pennsylvania family law attorney.
Call Susan E. Murray today at 267-668-3395 to schedule a consultation, or contact me online.